This little story is about something that I have experienced so many times in my life, but every time when it happens with me I just feel so much joy.
Probably everyone of you, who reads this blog knows about my passport story.
If not then I mention it one more time. We got married in Finland because I lived there at that time when I met my husband. We wanted to get married just straight in the temple so that is why we did not have other civil marriage. I also told them that I would like to change my name and have my husband's name. Which is not fully my husband's name because his name ends with "s" and my name ends with "e", but this is how it goes in Latvia. I was also very surprised at first when I found out that actually I will not have my husband's name, but something similar to it.
We got married on a Tuesday and those officers ( I mean in Finland )are doing their job just as they are supposed to do. Which means that when I called the tax office I had to face with it that I am not existing there with my old name anymore then I asked the lady if with the new name and she said oh, yeah sure. So, they wrote on our marriage certificate that I changed my name and now I have my new name, but in the mean time I still had my old passport.
So, this is a very boring story so, I try to make it shorter. Then when we tried to register here with our marriage certificate and my old passport they did not accept it.
Now, I have been waiting my new passport over 7 months we thought we should try to go back to the same office and ask them if they would accept a temporal passport that I could get if something "would happen (means if I myself ruin it)" with my old passport.
The lady was very nice, but after couple of minutes I was not able to handle the situation then I started to cry like crazy. I felt that the lady also felt sorry for us, but of course she, herself was not able to change the European Union's laws though I bet she would want to do it. She tried to look at my face, but I was just so sad that I couldn't calm down. The lady said if we get the new passport within 10 days I will get the social security number and that I will be registered.
Then we walked home (luckily this office moved to our neighborhood just about 15 minutes walk). We were both very sad and we were wondering why is this happening with us. Then we talked about the dvd that we watched previous night about the pioneers and then we made the conclusion that WE are also pioneers here in Latvia, even in our families. It felt so much better to know that as pioneers we will always have trials, but those trials will just make us stronger.
So, as we arrived home we both felt so much peace and that everything will be ok.
I checked my email and I got an email from my mom. She wrote in her email (she only sent that email 12 minutes ago when we got home) that: MY PASSPORT WAS READY ON FRIDAY AND IT IS HEADED TO ANOTHER OFFICE AND THEY ARE POSTING IT FROM THAT OFFICE. You cannot imagine what I felt when I was reading her letters.
We knelt in prayer to thank to Heavenly Father His mercy on us.
Then I called the ambassador and told him that my passport is ready. He is such a nice man. He also got so happy for the good news. He said if we are lucky then we can have it even this week on Friday. But I remembered that my mom said that it takes 2 days to get to that office which would post it so my DEAR PASSPORT missed that guy, who would bring it here. I asked the ambassador when would be the next post, because you have to know that there is NO postal service between Hungary and Latvia only if someone , who works in the embassy travels from Hungary to Latvia and then brings the letters with him (or someone travels from Latvia to Hungary, same lame process). I asked him when would be the next post and he said "IN THREE ( 3 ) MONTHS LATER" Oh, yeah I was very happy, no actually I was not happy at all, but then he remembered that he is traveling home at the end of October and he comes back in a week so he said the latest I can get my passport in the middle of November.
HURRAY :):):)
So, what is the conclusion of the story?
For me: that we always have to stand up for what we believe in.
Our life will not be easier as church members, but surely it will be always well worth.
2 comments:
hat nem semmi az elet feletek... az utlevel historia is eleg gaaaaaaaaaz, de a postan teljesen kiakadtam!!!!!!!!
De milyen nagy bizonyag lehetett amikor megkaptatok a hirt, hogy kesz az utlevel! Tok jo! :)
na, örülünk a jó hírnek! éljen!!!
Post a Comment