Friday, October 17, 2008

October 11 Saturday

On Saturday we were celebrating my husband's younger brother's wedding.
The weddings in Latvia are so much different then the ones that I got used to during the years back in Hungary.
Here they had so many programs and games for the new couple and for the guests as well, so then the hours were just running. We started at the Lutheran church (they are not church members in our church)at 1pm then we went to Sigulda, that is a wonderful place where we had some games and then we went to the dinner's place where the guests stayed even for the night.
So, here comes some photos.

Tehat szombaton a ferjem testverenek az eskuvojen voltunk. Az eskuvok itt Lettorszagban teljesen masak mint otthon. Itt olyan sok programot es jatekot szerveznek a fiatal parnak es a vendegeknek, hogy az mar majdnem sok is. De ugy erzem azert tudnek adni egy ket tanacsot a magyar eskuvokhoz is, hogy az egesz ne csak evesrol es ivasrol szoljon. Szoval 1 orakor mentunk az evangelikus templomhoz, mert mivel ok nem egyhaztagok ott tartottak az eskuvojuket es utana Siguldaban mentunk majd a vacsora helyere. Jaj, de azert ugy hianyzott a jo kis magyar lagzis barackos sutemeny, aminek barack alakja van es altalaban kis zold levelket is tuznek ra, jaj azert elek halok.
Szoval itt vannak a kepek.







Na, de mivel vegre lehetosegunk volt egy kicsit kimozdulni Rigabol ezert csinaltam is par fenykepet szoval itt lesznek azok is.

So, I just had to use the chance that we are out of Riga and tried to take some photos of the amazing nature.







So, to make the story full. I was wondering why on earth we are going under a bridge and why is that cool that there is a bridge over us. You can see them on these photos. So, as I was wondering I asked my husband and he told me that this is the highest bridge here in Latvia and that this is the only place where you can see those valleys. Well, we did not have high mountains around us in Hungary, but at least I got used to it that I was always able to see some mountains at least from our balcony I could see them. They were not that tall, but about 500-700m high ones. Here the highest point is 311m so that makes a different in the landscape.
Oh, well still beautiful especially Sigulda.







These last photos were taken by the cave. We, at least I found those stairs (Martin already knew about them)which are going up pretty high. We started to walk them up, but then we had to return back since the whole group arrived to the cave and we had some games there too, I mean with the young couple and the guests.



No comments: