Monday, November 10, 2008

Candles- a gyertyaim

I do not even know if it is because of Christmas is coming or it is only just because of cold and dark, but I love to make candles at this time of the year.
I usually just gather all the old candles that I used during the year and make something new out of them.
So, here are my new hand made candles.

Nem is tudom, hogy a Karacsony kozeledtevel, vagy csak mert hideg es sotet idoszak kovetkezik, de ilyenkor nagyon szeretek gyertyakat olvasztani.
Amit az ev soran elhasznaltam azokat szoktam ujra olvasztani es valami teljesen ujat kesziteni beloluk.
Itt jonnek a legujabb kezi keszitesu gyertyaim.


24 comments:

Riin said...

You're very creative! They look lovely! :)

Noemi_Martins said...

Thanks Kadri-Riin!

Etus said...

De jo! Tok ugyes vagy! En is imadom a gyertyakat! :)

Kriszta M said...

én is csináltam régebbeken ilyeneket! de jó is volt!
ügyi vagy nagyon!
amúgy jobban vagy már?
pussz

Noemi_Martins said...

Koszi lanyok a commenteket.
Igen Kriszta mar jobban vagyok mar kb 2 hete elmult a reggeli (napkozbeni)emelyges. Nem is mondtad neked elmult mar?

Etus es te hogyan allsz a szakdogaval?

iva said...

Hi, I'm David Sallay's mom. I look at his blog everyday. I noticed that you were listed on his blog and there was some Hungarian written with it so I had to check it out. How do you know my son (or his wife)? I gather that you currently live in Hungary and you speak Hungarian? Is that why you know him?

Noemi_Martins said...

Hello Iva,
Dave lived in my city in Nyiregyhaza and he traveled back home on the exact day when I left for my mission (to Finland, but I went before to the MTC) so we traveled together till England and then we both changed flights.
So, he lived in Nyiregyhaza for about 9 months. I was his institute teacher too.
Then after my mission I met when Lyssa and Dave came back to Hungary.
No, I do not live in Hungary anymore. I got married and live in Latvia with my husband.
You are Hungarian too, right?

iva said...

No, but both of my husband's parents were. He was the first generation born in the United States. Unfortunately his parents did not teach him to speak Hungarian. All of his aunts and uncles are dead now, but I loved all of them and enjoyed their company very much. I'm actually more interested in Hungary than England, Switzerland, or Denmark where my family came from. It sounds like you're living a wonderful and varied life. How many languages do you speak? Did you go to the MTC in Europe or Provo?

Noemi_Martins said...

Oh, I see now.
I thought that you and Dave's dad are both from Hungarian parents.
Have you been to Hungary?
I went to the Provo MTC, with the same flight as Dave was flying back to Utah, but we both had different flights from London, but it was still fun because that was my very first time on an airplane and I was very scared so it was great to have a friend there with me.
I served and after my mission lived in Finland, so I speak Finnish, Hungarian, English and now I am learning Latvian and trying to learn some Russian. My husband is half Latvian and half Lithuanian so our baby will have to face with 3 languages and not even mentioning our home language which is English.

iva said...

I've never been to Hungary, but would love to go someday. I was thrilled that David could live there twice and his brother(Peter)served his mission there. Both of them were able to visit Gyoma and take lots of pictures. David was also able to spend a day in Igazfalva (now Dumbrava, Romania, a village so small it isn't on most maps). Both of these places are important to our family history.
Your baby is going to be so fortunate to be exposed to so many languages. By the way, your candles are lovely. What a fun tradition you have!

Noemi_Martins said...

Well, then I hope you will have a chance to go to Hungary. Especially in the summer time that is the best time there.
I remember when David went to Romania, he was so excited about his family history that actually he made me also more interested about family history and I also went to visit that little city that my family came from.
My husband has a calling as a family history consultant so for us family history is a hobby. It is so amazing just to go and walk on those roads or just to see those old houses where they lived. I was lucky enough that I could even found my great-great grandfather's house and it was still standing.

iva said...

Yes, but right now I can only dream.

Noemi_Martins said...

Well, it is still good to have dreams.

Kathy said...

I listened to some of your playlist tonight. There is lots of very familiar music on it. My husband's Uncle Paul loved Gypsy music. I used to listen to it with him. Do you like it at all?

iva said...

I messed up on my last comment. My daughter Kathy was signed in, and I didn't sign her out before I wrote something.

Noemi_Martins said...

Oh, that's fine.
Somehow I felt that it would belong to you, but I was not sure :)
Well, I am not even sure if I ever heard real gypsy music.
Once I got a tape and it had some kind of gypsy music, but I am not quite sure if it was real or not.

iva said...

I guess music has changed in Hungary as much as it's changed in the United States. The gypsy music was mostly instrumental, but Uncle Paul sometimes would tell me the words that went with it. Some of the words were so beautiful, like "God must have really loved me, because he gave me you." I felt like crying when he told me that. I took care of him for 7 1/2 years until he died when he was almost 93. I wish he were still here. I asked David to buy some gypsy music with words because all I could find here didn't have any. He bought a CD but it turned out to be some kind of folk music. Uncle Paul thought the lyrics were really strange. He translated some of it for me, and I would have to agree, but I don't remember what the translation was. My husband didn't care for the gypsy music that was played at events when he was a child. He loved the Hungarian food though. Can you put any type of Hungarian music on your playlist?

Noemi_Martins said...

Hello,
The music that I can download to my playlist they are all from playlist.com and I think they do not have Hungarian music except maybe the national anthem.
But on youtube.com you can find Hungarian music for sure, but I cannot download those ones to this playlist.
I tried it and it works so you just have to type the words "ciganyzene" or "ciganydalok" to the search field on www.youtube.com and it will give you a lot of gypsy music.
If you really like them then you just need to tell me which one is that and I can translate it to you to English.

Kathy said...

I'll try that. Thanks

Kriszta M said...

hali!
rakhatnál már fel pocakos képet!
Látom, már elhagytad a 16. hetet is - persze, nem sokkal vagy utánnunk!
képeket!!
és mikor mész megint dokihoz, vagy UH-ra? tessék jelentkezni, tájékoztatni. ha minden jól alakul, lehet te előbb megtudod a babád nemét, mint én. :)

Sas Ábel és Attila said...

Most már mi is nagyon várunk friss képeket, meg beszámolókat.
Hajrá!

Sas Ábel és Attila said...

ja és még nem is írtam, hogy tényleg tuti jók ezek a gyertyák.

Noemi_Martins said...

Mivel ra kellett jonnom, hogy internet fuggo lettem, bevallom egy kicsit "irigy" is lettem, hogy Etus laptopja nem mukodik es igy nem kell az interneten vesztegelnie az idejet, ezert ebbol a felindulasbol is es azert is, mert igazan most egy kicsit belefaradtam a dolgokba es mivel nem akarok panaszkodni ezert jobb ha csak csendesen visszavonulok egy kicsit. Amugy is vettunk tegnap pamutot es szonyeget akarok kotni, tudom azt nem kotni szoktak, de remelem azert jo lesz.
Megprobalok csak szolgalni egy darabig ugy igazan onzetlenul. www.familysearchindexing.org szerintem mar meseltem errol az oldalrol, na a lenyeg, hogy csaladkutatasban lehet segedkezni es van egy celom, amit el szeretnek erni az evvege elott, szoval azt meg mindenkeppen meg kell valositanom.
Ma reggelre egy kicsit nagyon kibuktam amikor kiderult, hogy a meregdraga vas es kalcium tablettakra allergiam van. Allergia?? jo kerdes mi! ki gondolta volna, hogy egy egyszeru vastablettaba fenilanalinin-t tesznek es a kalciumba is, szoval ekkor besokaltam, hogy most csak ugy elegem van a modern vilagbol. Afp vizsgalat??? a ferjem tegnap megkerdezte, hogy a 90 eves Saranak hany szazalak eselye volt arra, hogy a gyereke down koros lesz es szednie kellett vasat es kalciumot 4 orankent valtogatva stb.
Most is ugy erzem mint, aki egesz ejjel a radiatort nyalogatta, de ebedre is csak az volt.
Szoval amugy is, amig ilyen gondolataim vannak, addig inkabb nem szeretnem megosztani senkivel.
De szerencsere vettunk ma szaloncukrot es a telapo mielott Magyarorszagra er, azelott megall nalunk is, itt Rigaban. Juheeeee.
Meg is pucolom az osszes cipomet.
Jo mikulas varast es karacsonyi keszulodest!

Erin said...

Those candles look great! I would have never thought to do that!