Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birthday party- Szulinapi buli

We were celebrating my husband's 30th birthday on Friday though his birthday was on Friday. I was so excited to prepare for it.
Unfortunately we don't have pictures of the food itself, but it was great. I mean at least it looked nice. Martin's favorite cake is anything with cottage cheese. When I asked him what kind of birthday cake he would want. He said he wants chocolate cottage cheese cake. I have never heard anything like that. I started to search on the internet, but I could not find anything like that. Then I offered I would make cottage cheese cake with fruits, but you know that was just not chocolate. So, we went to the shop and bought a little birthday cake and I started to examine. I think after we ate the whole half kilo of it. I was done with the research :)
Ok, we did not eat the whole thing within one night. So, I made a chocolate cottage cheese cake to my Dear.
I think these information are just fun. I never knew that here almost all the cakes are made with cottage cheese, so as I did not know that either that my husband called his nation a potato eater nation. My doctor called Latvians milk drinkers.
And I have been always planning to write as I read in Lyssa and Dave's blog, that here in Latvia the most common shops are the hair dressers and pharmacies, and money exchange places and bag shops. There is one main road here in Riga, where within walking 10 minutes you can find 5 pharmacy (it is not close to the hospital, but actually there are two of them also close to that main street).
So, about the birthday party. It was great. After all the guests left we knocked on our neighbor lady's door and invited her to come and eat with us since we had so so much food left from the party. And she came and it was also great because we have been planning this also a long time ago.

so, here are some pictures.
Would you tell that I am 32 weeks pregnant on that photo?








2 comments:

S. Nora said...

Boldog szulit a parodnak igy utolag is! Es kik a tobbiek a kepeken?

Noemi_Martins said...

Koszi Nora!
Szoval a kovetkezok vannak a kepeken: A ferjem ocse es felesege, valamint a ferjem szulei, es a "nagymamaja", aki igazan az apukaja nagynenje es a masik kepen meg a huga es kislanya es a volegenye.